FLOWSEAL  -  Pre-compressed bitumen & acrylic impregnated sealing tapes

Expanding foam tapes for construction and civil engineering applications

Movement capability of +/-25% (50% total) of nominal material size at 75% compression.

 

Product description:

   

Applications:

 

Flowseal 'A', a permanently elastic, high-density, open-cell polyurethane foam, impregnated with water-based, stabilised acrylics, compressed to approximately 25% of its uncompressed dimension. Suitable for use in areas not subjected to direct sunlight.

 

Flowseal 'B', a permanently elastic, high-density, open-cell polyurethane foam, impregnated with water-based, polymer-modified asphalt, compressed to approximately 25% of its uncompressed dimension.

 

Flowseal is supplied pre-compressed to smaller than joint size with additional self-adhesive backing on one face to aid installation, material is inserted into the joint and adhered to one side. It then expands to seal the joint.


Sealing between the foam and substrate is achieved through a combination of the pressure-sensitive adhesive impregnation and the backpressure of the expanding foam.

 

 

 

Long term high performance seal for:

  • Joints in concrete, brick and block work

  • Parapets

  • Joints subject to thermal or differential movement

  • Seals for wall panels & curtain walling

  • Seals around window and door frames

  • Abutment seals for conservatories and canopies

  • Seals for joints in pre-engineered and sectional buildings

  • Seals for roof lights

  • Timber frame buildings

  • For ductwork and air conditioning
  •  

    Benefits:  

    Seals achievable:


    Unlike traditional impregnated foam tapes, our tapes have:
    • A higher density of impregnation per kg/m3, nearly double that of other companies products, 

    • A reinforced adhesive backing  to prevent stretching of the tape which often occurs during installation. (Any stretching reduces the compression and effectiveness of the seal).

    • High movement capabilities, provides weathertight seal over a wide range of joint size.
     

    • Weather tight seal -  exposure to driving rain & wind (tape under 80% compression)


    • Weather tight seal -exposure to rain & wind - recommended for most applications - (tape under 75% compression)


    • Thermal & acoustic seal (tape under 66% compression)


    • Dust seal & air baffle (tape under 50% compression)  



     
    Selection Guide Weather tight seal - exposure to driving rain & wind (tape under 80% compression)
    Size G = Gap size (mm)

    D = Recommended Tape Width/Joint Depth (mm)  

    E = Expanded Thickness (mm)  Roll Length (metres)  
    2

    2

    10

    10

    8.00

    3

    2-3

    10

    15

    8.00

    4

    3-4

    15

    20

    6.00

    5

    4-5

    15

    25

    6.00

    6

    5-6

    20

    30

    6.00

    8

    7-8

    20

    40

    4.00

    10

    9-10

    25

    50

    4.00

    12

    10-12

    30

    60

    4.00

    16

    14-16

    40

    80

    4.00

    20

    17-20

    50

    100

    2.00

    Larger sizes available


    To calculate tape thickness for seal required, use the following
    1. Select seal required

     

     

    1. Measure gap to be sealed

     

     

    1. Multiply gap size by 'Seal Multiplier' to obtain expanded thickness

     

    For reasons of stability tape depth must be a minimum 50% of expanded tape thickness

     


    Seal Required  Seal Multiplier Example
    Weather tight seal 

    -  exposure to driving rain & wind (tape under 80% compression)

    5

    Gap size 10mm

    5 x 10 = 50mm (expanded tape thickness)

    Tape size required 25mm x 50mm  

    Weather tight seal - suitable for majority of applications

    exposure to rain & wind (tape under 75% compression)

    4

    Gap size 10mm

    4 x 10 = 40mm (expanded tape thickness)

    Tape size required 20mm x 40mm

    Thermal & acoustic seal 

    (tape under 66% compression)

    3

    Gap size 20mm

    3 x 20 = 60mm (expanded tape thickness)

    Tape size required 30mm x 60mm  

    Dust seal & air baffle 

    (tape under 50% compression)  

    2

    Gap size 10mm

    2 x 10 = 20mm (expanded tape thickness)

    Tape size required 10mm x 20mm

    Copyright © 1999-2007 by Movement Joints (UK) Ltd. All rights reserved.
    This document may not be reproduced in whole or in part without permission.